-By Uncle Paul Orogun
Teenage refer to the age of thirteen nineteen years are otherwise known as adolescence. This stage of life is charaterised by crises that if not well handled make the individual lead a terrible lifestyle when they eventually become adults. Prov.22:6.
Some of the challenges are
1) IDENTITY CRISES. At this stage the teenager tries to ask himself “who is the real me” as a result of the physical, emotional and relationship changes. the girls who usually develop earlier than the boys of their age bracket become more uncomfortable relating with older boys/men teenager struggles with abiding with the instructions of their parents which they have obeyed when they were children just to prove themselves to their peers.
2) RESPONSIBILITY. They like to experiment things/ discover for themselves than stay stuck to the parents’ instructions. Does not want to be called a child. They like the feeling of an adult.
3) CONFORMITY: This has to do with creating, or emulating a model life style.expecially celebrities.
4) AUTHORITY: Do not want to be under the control of any adult. (Note anyone without an instructor may not live long on the field of assignment)
DEALING WITH THE CRISES.
Good parenting. Parents should deliberately inculcate the fear of God and good morals in their children.
- Parents should teach by example geniunely.
iii. Parents must live with integrity that the children cannot doubt.
- Parents must be Diligent.
- Godly teachers that can influence them positively.