Topic: Paul and Silas
Bible passage: Acts 16:16- 34
Memory Verse: Psalms 92:1
While Paul and Silas were going to the place of prayer, they met a slave girl with a spirit of divination and brought her owners much gain by sooth saying.
She followed Paul& Silas around for days and was shouting “these men are servants of the most high who proclaim to you the way of salvation.
Paul got annoyed and turned to her saying i call you in the name of Jesus christ to come out of her and the spirit came out that very hour.
When her owners saw what happened, they seized Paul and Silas, dragging them into the market place in front of the magistrate and said they were disturbing the city.
The crowd joined in attacking them after which the magistrate tore their clothes and gave orders that they should be beaten with rods, and put away in prison.
About midnight, Paul and Silas were praying and singing and the prisoners were listening to them. Suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundation of the prison was shaken and immediately all the prison doors and everyone’s fetters were unfastened.
The jailer on seeing what happened,drew out a sword to kill himself. Paul stopped him and told him everyone was there. Trembling with fear, he fell down before Paul and silas and asked “men , what must i do to be saved”? They told him to believe in the lord jesus and he will be saved, him and his household. They spoke the word to him and he took them to his house, where he was baptized with all his family.
- As believers we must be filled always with the Holy spirit so that we can discern
- We should always call on the name of Jesus when faced with challenges
- Persecution awaits us as Christians , so we must not be afraid.
- In whatever circumstances we find ourselves, we must pray and praise. The two are our weapons to overcome
- When we pray and praise God in difficult moments, the unexpected is bound to happen as God inhabits the praise of his people
- We must be ready to show Jesus to unbelievers at any time,talk to them and lead them to christ.
Remember, there is joy in heaven for every sinner that repents.